Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hanging out with Daddy

Little Mathieu needs mom about 90% of the time for feeding purposes and post suckling naps on her bosom, but I have found a way for Sue to get a break. When Mathieu is in a drowsy mood, I can take him with one hand and carefully lower him into my New Native Baby Sling. Even though he looks very scrunched up in there, I think it reminds him of the womb and he is still getting over that adjustment. For the past 3 days I have been able to carry him around for 1 or 2 hours just like a kangaroo. I can accomplish many things like cooking, making telephone calls, going to the bathroom, and cleaning up. And I hear all his little squeeks and grunts and feel his arms and legs through the fabric. I'm hoping he continues to agree with this arrangement because I have many long walks and hikes planned for the two of us.

4 comments:

Sara and Errol said...

Too cute! I am so jealous. Elsa hates it when I put her in the sling, but loves it when Errol wears her...must be a daddy thing. You look great as a dad Dave!

Carlus Henry said...

Sounds like you two are getting right into the swing of things. Nice work.

Also, tell Susan that it should be a sin to look so good after just having a baby.

Love you both.

Carlus

Jeanne said...

Oh David, you look like a natural. Daddyhood definitely agrees with you. I can tell that you're going to be a wonderful dad to that little boy of yours. Good job. Susan is a very lucky lady to have you.

Love you,
Auntie Jeanne

Jeanne said...

Susan, Mathieu is just so darn adorable. What a sweet face he has. You two are so very lucky to have such a beautiful healthy baby. I'm so glad to be able to see these pictures of all of you on here and i can't wait to meet little Mathieu in person someday. I'm just wondering if he'll be walking up to me on his own by that time..lol. Hope it will be sone time sooner. We all will definitely be looking forward to that day. Take care and rest when you can. Congratulations again. Good job both of you :)
Love you,
Auntie Jeanne