

We finally gave Mathieu a real beach experience. He's visited the beach countless times, but Sue and I have always avoided getting him into the waves and on the sand. Last weekend we visited Jekyll Island. It's farther south (a little warmer water) and mostly undeveloped, so very beautiful. We couldn't resist letting Mathieu do everything on the beach. We let him crawl in the sand and he loved it. He scraped his fingers through the sand and plopped them right into his mouth! Sue thought that once he tasted sand he wouldn't like it, but no, that was not the case in the least. He kept right on scraping and eating.

I took Mathieu out into the waves and he was mesmerized by the water splashing his body. Even when I became more daring and some waves splashed his face, this little man did not complain.

When I look back on the picture of Mathieu sitting with me on the sand I am very excited. It was a father-son moment. It was so much fun to be enjoying a pristine piece of mother nature with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment