
Before I was pregnant with Mathieu, Dave and I would talk about what we would have to give up when we had a baby. We knew basic things like no more weekly kayaking jaunts to Little Tybee. We also knew we wanted to have a family and that what we "gave up" would be replaced with something more joyous. Or at least that's what every parent said. I'm pleased to say that those parents were right. Mathieu is such a joy, and his actions, like when he first started walking, have a powerful and exciting impact on us in ways that I did not understand before I had a child. Now he runs, doles out hugs, frantically blows multiple kisses, and attempts to communicate through recognizable speech. It's astounding to see, especially since 19 months ago, Mathieu's main skills included crying ... a lot. But it's not just that he can DO things. And it's more than being responsible for a life. It's that all three of us are in a relationship and we love one another.
Mathieu enjoys helping out around the house. He's currently just as concerned with a sandy floor as his mommy and exclaims, "Oh no!" and runs to get the broom.

Dave and Mathieu made play dough on Saturday. At first he didn't quite know what to do, but then Mathieu got the hang of it.



Walking in Mommy's shoes!
1 comment:
So sweet that he's helping you clean :). I agree you have to give up things you used to do but you get to do so many new and exciting things instead.
Post a Comment