Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Tree

We had a wonderful time putting up our Christmas tree this past weekend. Because Sue and I haven't done a Christmas tree together before, we've been a little lax on gathering ornaments. No problem. Matheiu came to the rescue with his first attempt at painting. We painted some of our numerous pine cones in our yard for to use as additional ornaments. We did it outside and it was so much fun to share this experience with Mathieu. I know he liked it because he kept on spotting more pine cones and bringing them to the table to paint.



I look forward to painting with Mathieu again. We play together with balls a lot, but it is so exciting to have a new activity I know he enjoys. Although next time I know we need some old clothes so I don't have to worry about keeping the paint off him.



It was such a special moment to start a new family tradition putting up the ornaments together. Mathieu can't stop saying, "Christmas tree". Daily he enjoys looking at the different ornaments and telling us what they are.

The classic pose. Have a Merry Christmas.

Below is a fun video of Matheiu and puddles. Last week it rained one day leaving puddles all over the place at the 4-H center. Mathieu frolicked!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dave and Susan - I received a note from Maria and that reminded me to search for your blog...I was so excited to see the latest updates. Baby Mathieu has grown up! Everyone looks happy and healthy, and the photos made me smile. Let's chat via phone soon...it's been way too long! - Robert