Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Real Countdown Begins


The due date is now less than two weeks away. Something we keep reminding ourselves is that the due date is just an estimation, give or take two weeks. The labor could begin any day. The funny thing is now every time we call someone, (especially our parents) they become very excited and think we are calling to tell them Sue is in labor or we have a new baby. They usually seem a little let down, but we are thankful for some extra time to prepare and enjoy our free time (and sleep).

One really cool thing for me is that my good friend Errol just had his first child 2 weeks ago. I am able to talk with him and receive a sneak preview of what lays ahead. He has confirmed the warning of many that I will be very sleep deprived. Believe it or not, I was able to get through college without ever being sleep deprived for more than one day. I think this will be a big challenge for me. If anyone can send me a present of sleep, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sue and I are very grateful for all the support and prayers we've been receiving from all of you. We're very excited to meet the tiny baby that has been subletting Sue's body for the past nine months!

4 comments:

Robyn Boustead said...

Whoa, there is no going back now. Just remember the 1st rule - always sleep when the baby sleeps.

GreySquirrel said...

Good luck guys, get ready for the ride of your lives.
Jade
-x-

Jeanne said...

Wow! Check out that belly! LOL. I bet you didn't realize that little body of yours could actually stretch that far out..lol lol. You look great! By the way, i feel that you're going to have a girl. I don't know why..it's just a feeling. In any case, i wish you both all the luck and love in the world. Love you both..i mean all 3 of you :)
Love,
Auntie Jeanne

Anonymous said...

The joy of becoming a Dad for the
1st time overrides all sleeplessness
How much sleep did we get in the Gambia? Is sue still playing volleyball with that big belly?
Goodluck
UK